Identify the community to be presented during your forum whose perspective you find most difficult to understand fully. Select one of the significant concerns at the root of the conflict to be represented during the forum. Provide a brief statement of your perspective on the selected community’s “demands” for resolution. For the remainder of the essay, provide a thoughtful overview of the nature, history, and scope of the community’s perspective. What are some of the most compelling reasons available in support of their perspective? (2-5 double-spaced typed pages)
Criteria for Assessment:
1. Fulfills all steps of the assignment delineated above.
2. Identifies and explains key points of disagreement.
3. Provides a clear and concise summary of the writer’s perspective on the central points of controversy.
4. Reflects understanding of another’s perspective on his or her own terms.
5. Demonstrates moral imagination, empathic listening skills, and balanced partiality.
6. Conveys ideas clearly and succinctly.
7. Makes effective use of appropriate written conventions.